The 4th Symposium of IASSRT will take place from 21st September to 1st October 2019 in Russia, while mainly in Kislovodsk. The theme of the symposium will be "Textiles as a historical source". The chief focus of the discussion will be the consilience in approach to understanding textiles in the historical context covering topics such as economic and technological development, trade links, diplomatic and political relations, social structure, textiles production and manufacturing, mythology, cosmology and decorative arts, etc. on the territories of the Silk Road (including Oasis and Desert Silk Road, Steppe Silk Road, and Maritime Silk Road).
The Jingluntang Foundation Travel Grant aims to provide financial assistance in international travel costs for specially invited keynote representatives, retired or independent, young scholars and students to participate in 4th IASSRT Symposium “Textiles as a historical source” to be held from 21st September to 1st October 2019 in Russia.
Guidelines to applicants:
1. Successful applicants have to attend the technical sessions of the symposium, making a 15-minute illustrated presentation in the symposium, and be volunteers during the symposium, helping other participants to handle issues in necessary.
2. Successful applicants will get support on the cost of the international roundtrip airfare, i.e. from the nearby international airport of your own country to Kislovodsk. They are required to submit the information about their flights and airfare to the host no later than June 30, 2019, and all the flight tickets MUST BE purchased by the host.
3. It is NOT expected that these grants will cover all costs of attending the symposium. Applicants should obtain additional funding from elsewhere, if necessary. They are required to make travel insurance arrangements before leaving for Russia.
4. Grant recipients are expected to participate and a post-conference report from each recipient is required as a condition of receiving grant.
5. Your application must reach the host by email, post or fax by the closing date of March 1, 2019.
Igor Voronin: firstname.lastname@example.org (Russia)
Irene Lu: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org (China)