The 5th Symposium of IASSRT will take place from 29th September to 4th October 2020 in Italy, while mainly in Trento. The theme of the symposium will be "Textiles on the Silk Roads: from Medieval to Industrial Periods". This symposium invites Italian scholars who will explore the rise of the silk industry in Italy, including the Medici patronage, Italy’s link to the Orient, and the role of cathedrals as repositories of early textiles. The symposium also seeks contributions from international scholars on the use of textiles in diplomatic relationships among regions and various social groups or institutions; the transmissions and influences of textile patterns, techniques, and meanings between East and West; the textile traditions and innovations along the Silk Roads; and the global rise of silk industries as an outcome of Silk Roads interactions.
The Jingluntang Foundation Travel Grant aims to provide financial assistance in international travel costs for specially invited keynote representatives, retired or independent, young scholars and students to participate in 5th IASSRT Symposium to be held in Italy.
Guidelines to applicants:
1. Successful applicants have to attend the technical sessions of the symposium, making a 15-minute illustrated presentation in the symposium, and be volunteers during the symposium, helping other participants to handle issues in necessary.
2. Successful applicants will get support on the cost of the international roundtrip airfare, i.e. from the nearby international airport of your own country to Trento. They are required to submit the information about their flights and airfare to the host no later than June 1, 2020, and all the flight tickets MUST BE purchased by the host.
3. It is NOT expected that these grants will cover all costs of attending the symposium. Applicants should obtain additional funding from elsewhere, if necessary. They are required to make travel insurance arrangements before leaving for Italy.
4. Grant recipients are expected to participate and a post-conference report from each recipient is required as a condition of receiving grant.
5. Your application must reach the host by email, post or fax by the closing date of April 1, 2020.
Elisa Gagliardi Mangilli: firstname.lastname@example.org (Italy)
Tina Zhou: email@example.com (China)
Click here to download: J-Travel Grant Application Form 2020 IASSRT.docx